We provide one to one and small group tutoring for students with dyslexia using Orton-Gillingham based methods of structured literacy.
What Makes Us Different from Other Tutors
1. All of our tutors are Certified Academic Language Practitioners. This means our tutors have under gone a supervised practicum working with a dyslexic student. We do employ tutors who are currently in the process of their practicum. Parents are informed if their tutor is in her practicum year.
2. We strongly encourage parents to watch the lessons. We want you to understand how your child learns. While we don’t give homework, we will give you strategies to help you support your child at home.
3. We have a licensed special education teacher on staff. She is able to answer your questions about IEPs, 504s, and school accommodations and modifications.
4. We understand that dyslexia tutoring can be cost prohibitive for some families. Therefore, we offer group classes for 2-4 students. We ability test our students to make sure that they are in the right group.
5. Most importantly, we believe that with the right instruction all students can become readers.